‘Movement Analysis & Education Strategies Course for children
with Cerebral Palsy and similar neuro-developmental conditions’
Length of Course: 4-Weeks ( 20 Days) course, in two parts of two weeks. Each week is 5 Days.
Course Dates: Part-One 2 – 13 February 2015, Part-Two 23 March – 03 April 2015
The period between Parts 1 and 2 is to ensure participants put into practice the knowledge and skills gained in Part 1, before returning for Part 2. There will be Course Assignments between Parts 1 and 2.
Venue: Srinakarin University, Bangkok, Thailand
A new and different dimension to the treatment and management of children with Cerebral Palsy and similar neurological conditions.
Learn to treat dynamically, addressing the key reasons for movement limitations of clients with Cerebral Palsy. Develop skills to become a better clinician.
A specialist course for the benefit of experienced and very experienced paediatric therapists (Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Speech & Language Therapists) and medical Doctors.
Unique of its kind, this course has a strong emphasis on clinical skills, with therapists gaining expertise in analysis of movement, effective and structured problem-solving skills, together with the ability to apply a range of new treatment strategies.
Following successful completion of this course, therapists will be able to provide an expert ‘hands-on’ treatment (including function, play and interaction) for each child with CP.
“ I would recommend this MAES Therapy Course to all therapists.”
Mihaela Grubišić, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist
Head of Department Sensory Integration Therapy
Special Hospital for Children with neurodevelopmental and motor disorders
“The MAES Therapy Course has given me new depth to my understanding of children with cerebral palsy”
Nikki Kennedy, Bobath Physiotherapist,
Course Leader: Jean-Pierre Maes MCSP, Director MAES Therapy
Jean-Pierre Maes is renowned internationally for his excellent clinical skills, mentoring of therapists and leading courses. He has more than 25 years experience of treating children with Cerebral Palsy and similar neurological disorders.
This certified course is very ‘hands-on’. The format will include theoretical lectures, treatment demonstrations, workshops, case presentations and supervised daily practical sessions with patients during weeks 2, 3 and 4.
Course Fee: £ to be advised
Course Participants: 14 max.
Course Participant’s criteria:
The participants must be experienced Paediatric Therapists (Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists) or medical Doctors, with two years experience in treating children with Cerebral Palsy and similar neurological conditions.
The course is open to both NDT-Bobath and also non NDT-Bobath Therapists.
The Aims of this course are:
• Increase understanding of the key reasons for functional limitations, based upon an in-depth analysis of the neuro-developmental movement disorders seen in clients with Cerebral Palsy and similar neuro-motor conditions.
• Gain expertise in analysis of movement, effective and structured problem-solving skills.
• Develop high-level clinical reasoning skills to guide their approach and provide each client with specific sensory-motor experiences to make best use of their own potential for improvement.
• Expand creative thinking and develop a wider repertoire of treatment strategies and skills, which can then be applied more confidently in a range of situations.
• Following successful completion of this course, therapists will be able to provide an expert ‘hands-on’ treatment (including function, play and interaction) for each child with Cerebral Palsy or similar neurological conditions.
Registration: Contact Local Course Organiser in Bangkok :-
Lek Aroonchote, PT
When applying, please send your Curriculum Vitae/ resume.