Fully Booked! – New course dates 4-5 March
2021 Online M.A.E.S. Therapy Introduction Course
‘A better understanding of Children with CP and similar neurodevelopmental conditions and principles to improve their coordination’
With this 2-Day Course, you will be introduced to M.A.E.S. Therapy and have an overview of the content that is developed during the 4-Week Foundation Course and gain an understanding of the clinical reasoning that defines the M.A.E.S. Approach.
For the benefit of paediatric Therapists new or experienced (PT, OT, SLT) who wish to gain new knowledge and insights that open the opportunity to further develop excellent clinical reasoning and treatment skills; for the treatment of children with CP and similar neurodevelopmental conditions.
Dates: Thursday 25 & Friday 26 February 2021
Venue: Online via Zoom, London, UK Time
Format: The course will include lectures and videos analysis of a variety of presentations of CP
Course Leader: Jean-Pierre Maes MCSP, Director MAES Therapy International and M.A.E.S. Team
Course Fee: £195 GBP / € 215 Euros
Payment due by 20 February 2021
Course Participant Attendance:
Course Participants are aware that they must attend the 2 days in full. Part attendance is not allowed.
To introduce participants to:
- The MAES Therapy framework: a specific framework for identifying the relationship between skills and tasks and its critical relevance in understanding the reasons for atypical patterns of coordination for each child with Cerebral Palsy.
- An understanding of why missing skills has long-term consequences on the ability to participate in activities of everyday life (including mobility, self-care, play and communication).
- Appreciate the necessity of providing the child with a different path for development by acting on the primary cause of the limitation, rather than concentrating on targeting the visible symptoms.
- Understand the application of the MAES Therapy framework to develop individualised treatment strategies for each child.
- Understand the need for therapists to develop a wide repertoire of strategies to enable the child to develop a wider repertoire of ways to solve problems.
To apply for a place or for further information please contact:
Jonathan Salsbury MIoD, Development Director
M.A.E.S. Therapy International
T: 07787 435790 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
M.A.E.S. Therapy – a new and pioneering approach to the treatment and management of children with Cerebral Palsy and similar neurodevelopmental conditions. “M.A.E.S. Therapy is a completely different way of thinking and therapy approach compared to Bobath-NDT”.