M.A.E.S. Therapy 2-Day Introduction Course – London
For the benefit of paediatric Therapists new or experienced (PT, OT, SLT) who wish to gain new knowledge and insights that open the opportunity to further develop excellent clinical reasoning and treatment skills; for the treatment of children with CP and similar neurodevelopmental conditions.
‘A better understanding of Children with CP and similar neurodevelopmental conditions
and principles to improve their coordination’
Dates: Saturday 25 January & Sunday 26 January 2020
Venue: Gwyn Jones Primary School, 219 Hainault Road, Leytonstone, East London, E11 1EU
The course venue Gwyn Jones Primary School is only 10-15 min walk from Leytonstone Underground Station (Central Line, Zone 3).
Course to Lead By: Jean-Pierre Maes MCSP, Director MAES Therapy International and M.A.E.S. Team UK
Course Fee: £195 or Early Bird Fee £165 if paid by 20 December 2019
Format: The course will include lectures and detailed videos analysis of a variety of presentations of CP
To introduce participants to:
- The MAES Therapy framework: a specific framework for identifying the relationship between skills and tasks and its relevance in understanding the reasons for atypical patterns of coordination for each child with Cerebral Palsy.
- An understanding of why missing specific components of coordination have long-term consequences on the ability to participate in activities of everyday life (including mobility, self-care, play and communication).
- Appreciate the necessity of providing the child with a different path for development by acting upon the process of development, rather than the obvious symptoms
- Understand the application of the MAES Therapy framework to develop individualised treatment strategies for each child.
- Understand the need for therapists to develop a wide repertoire of strategies to enable the child to learn new ways that he would have difficulty with, or would not be able to develop on his own.
M.A.E.S. Therapy – a new and pioneering approach to the treatment and management of children with Cerebral Palsy and similar neurodevelopmental conditions.
“M.A.E.S. Therapy is a completely different way of thinking and therapy approach compared to Bobath-NDT”.
Limited Places Available. To apply for a place or for further information please contact:
Jonathan Salsbury MIoD, Development Director
M.A.E.S. Therapy International
T: 07787 435790
To read testimonials from some of the Therapists (PT,OT, SLT ) who have attended this 2-day M.A.E.S. Therapy Introduction Course, click :
NB: A full 4-Week M.A.E.S. Course is planned for July & August 2020 in the same location.
For details, contact Jonathan
or click here