Colchester – M.A.E.S. Therapy Introduction Course
For the benefit of paediatric Therapists new or experienced (PT, OT, SLT) who wish to gain new knowledge and insights that open the opportunity to further develop excellent clinical reasoning and treatment skills; for the treatment of children with CP and similar neuro-developmental conditions.
‘A better understanding of Children with CP and similar neurodevelopmental conditions
and principles to improve their coordination’
Dates: Friday 13 & Saturday 14 March 2020 2-Day Course
Venue: Provide, 900 The Crescent, Colchester Business Park, Colchester, Essex CO4 9YQ
Provide is a Community Interest Company (social enterprise) delivering a broad range of health and social care services in the community for the NHS and Social Care across Essex and in Cambridgeshire, Suffolk and Norfolk as well as in the London Borough of Waltham Forest
Trains: The average journey time between London Liverpool Street and Colchester North Station (Great Eastern Main Line ) is 1 hour 20 minutes .
Course Format: The course will include lectures and videos analysis of a variety of presentations of CP
Course Lead By: Jean-Pierre Maes MCSP, Director MAES Therapy International
and M.A.E.S. Team UK
Course Fee: Regular Fee £195 Payment is due by 1 March 2020
or Early Bird Fee £175 if paid by 1 February 2020
To introduce participants to:
- The MAES Therapy framework: a specific framework for identifying the relationship between skills and tasks and its relevance in understanding the reasons for atypical patterns of coordination for each child with Cerebral Palsy.
- An understanding of why missing specific components of coordination have long-term consequences on the ability to participate in activities of everyday life (including mobility, self-care, play and communication).
- Appreciate the necessity of providing the child with a different path for development by acting upon the process of development, rather than the obvious symptoms.
- Understand the application of the MAES Therapy framework to develop individualised treatment strategies for each child.
- Understand the need for therapists to develop a wide repertoire of strategies to enable the child to learn new ways that he would have difficulty with, or would not be able to develop on his own.
M.A.E.S. Therapy – a new and pioneering approach to the treatment and management of children with Cerebral Palsy and similar neurodevelopmental conditions. “M.A.E.S. Therapy is a completely different way of thinking and therapy approach compared to Bobath-NDT”.
Places on the course are limited and allocated on a first come first served basis.
Clare Morkill (Physiotherapist) Team Lead Children’s Physiotherapy – Provide, Mid-Essex
To read testimonials from some of the Therapists (PT,OT, SLT ) who have attended this 2-day M.A.E.S. Therapy Introduction Course, click :