M.A.E.S. Therapy 2-Day Introduction Course – Cardiff 2019
For the benefit of paediatric Therapists new or experienced (PT, OT, SLT) who wish to develop their clinical reasoning and treatment skills for the treatment of children with CP and similar neurodevelopmental conditions.
‘A better understanding of Children with CP and similar neurodevelopmental conditions and principles to improve their coordination’
A new and different dimension to the treatment and management of children with Cerebral Palsy and similar neurodevelopmental conditions, based upon 25 years’ expert clinical and teaching experience worldwide and focusing on excellent treatment skills.
Dates: Saturday 1 June & Sunday 2 June 2019
Venue: Craig Y Parc School, Heol Y Parc, Pentyrch, Cardiff CF15 9PD
Format: The course will include lectures, videos and live treatment demonstration.
Course Lead By: Jean-Pierre Maes MCSP, Director MAES Therapy International
and M.A.E.S. Team UK
Course Fee: £175 or Early Bird Fee £145 if paid by =20 April 2019
To introduce participants to:
- The MAES Therapy framework: a specific framework for identifying the relationship between skills and tasks and its relevance in understanding the reasons for atypical patterns of coordination for each child with Cerebral Palsy.
- An understanding of why missing specific components of coordination have long-term consequences on the ability to participate in activities of everyday life (including mobility, self-care, play and communication).
- Appreciate the necessity of providing the child with a different path for development by acting upon the process of development, rather than the obvious symptoms
- Understand the application of the MAES Therapy framework to develop individualised treatment strategies for each child.
- Understand the need for therapists to develop a wide repertoire of strategies to enable the child to learn new ways that he would have difficulty with, or would not be able to develop on his own.
To apply for a place or for further information please send an enquiry to:
Jonathan Salsbury MIoD, Development Director
MAES Therapy International
T: 07787 435790
NB: Ideas for local accommodation can be provided