M.A.E.S. Therapy 2-Day Introduction Course – Ireland 2019
For the benefit of paediatric Therapists new or experienced (PT, OT, SLT) who wish to develop their clinical reasoning and treatment skills for the treatment of children with CP and similar neurodevelopmental conditions.
‘A better understanding of Children with CP and similar neurodevelopmental conditions and principles to improve their coordination’
A new and different dimension to the treatment and management of children with Cerebral Palsy and similar neurodevelopmental conditions, based upon 25 years’ expert clinical and teaching experience worldwide and focusing on excellent treatment skills.
Dates: Friday 7 & Saturday 8 June 2019
Venue: Ardboyne Hotel, Dublin Road, Navan, Co. Meath, Ireland
Format: The course will include lectures, videos and live treatment demonstration.
Course Leader: Jean-Pierre Maes MCSP, Director MAES Therapy International
Consultant Neurodevelopmental Physiotherapist
Regular Rate: €180 for ISCP members and €250 for Non ISCP members
Registration and payment should be received not later than 20 May 2019
€170 per person for Registration of groups of 4 clinicians or more when registering at the same time.
In order to receive a group rate a representative should contact Brain and Spine Physio clinic to make specific arrangements. Registration and payment should be received and completed by 20 May 2019.
To introduce participants to:
- The MAES Therapy framework: a specific framework for identifying the relationship between skills and tasks and its relevance in understanding the reasons for atypical patterns of coordination for each child with Cerebral Palsy.
- An understanding of why missing specific components of coordination have long-term consequences on the ability to participate in activities of everyday life (including mobility, self-care, play and communication).
- Appreciate the necessity of providing the child with a different path for development by acting upon the process of development, rather than the obvious symptoms.
- Understand the application of the MAES Therapy framework to develop individualised treatment strategies for each child.
- Understand the need for therapists to develop a wide repertoire of strategies to enable the child to learn new ways that he would have difficulty with, or would not be able to develop on his own.
To apply for a place or for further information please send an enquiry to:
Local Course Organiser:
Ragu Rajaram, Physiotherapist
Brain & Spine Physiotherapy Clinic
9-10 Academy Street,
Navan, County Meath,
T: +353 (0)87 9883354
Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists – ISCP