FULLY BOOKED !
MAES Therapy 2-Day Introduction Course
For the benefit of paediatric physiotherapists new or experienced, who wish to gain new knowledge and insights that open the opportunity to further develop excellent clinical reasoning and treatment skills; for the treatment of children with CP and similar neurodevelopmental conditions.
‘A better understanding of Children with CP and similar neurodevelopmental conditions
and principles to improve their coordination’
Dates: Friday 15 & Saturday 16 November 2019
Venue: Beckwith House,1 Wellington Road North, Stockport, Greater Manchester SK4 1AF
Format: The course will include lectures and video analysis of a variety of presentations of CP
Course Leader: Jean-Pierre Maes MCSP, Director M.A.E.S. Therapy International
Consultant Neurodevelopmental Physiotherapist
Course Organised by:
APCP – Association of Paediatric Chartered Physiotherapists – North-West Region
The North West Region serves members living or working in Cheshire, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Merseyside.
To introduce participants to:
- The M.A.E.S. Therapy framework: a specific framework for identifying the relationship between skills and tasks and its relevance in understanding the reasons for atypical patterns of coordination for each child with Cerebral Palsy.
- An understanding of why missing specific components of coordination have long-term consequences on the ability to participate in activities of everyday life (including mobility, self-care, play and communication).
- Appreciate the necessity of providing the child with a different path for development by acting upon the process of development, rather than the obvious symptoms
- Understand the application of the M.A.E.S. Therapy framework to develop individualised treatment strategies for each child.
- Understand the need for therapists to develop a wide repertoire of strategies to enable the child to learn new ways that he would have difficulty with or would not be able to develop on his own.
M.A.E.S. Therapy – a new and pioneering approach to the treatment and management of children with Cerebral Palsy and similar neurodevelopmental conditions. “M.A.E.S. Therapy is a completely different way of thinking and therapy approach compared to Bobath-NDT”.
To apply for a place or for further information please contact:
APCP North West Region
APCP is a recognised Professional Network of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP), which provides this website. The CSP is the professional, educational and trade union body for the UK’s 58,000 chartered physiotherapists, physiotherapy students and support workers.