2019 Kimberley – M.A.E.S. Therapy 2-Day Introduction Course
Gain new knowledge and insights that open the opportunity to further develop clinical reasoning and treatment skills. M.A.E.S. – a new and different approach to the treatment and management of children with Cerebral Palsy and similar neurodevelopmental conditions.
‘A better understanding of Children with CP and similar neurodevelopmental conditions and principles to improve their coordination’
For the benefit of Paediatric Therapists new or experienced (PT, OT, SLT) –a new and different dimension to the treatment and management ofchildren with Cerebral Palsy and similar neurodevelopmental conditions, based upon 25 years’ expert clinical and teaching experience worldwide and focusing on excellent treatment skills.
Dates: Saturday 7 & Sunday 8 September 2019
Venue: Robert Mangaliso Sobukwe Hospital – Kimberley
Kimberley – between Johannesburg and Cape Town, South Africa
Format: The course will include lectures and videos analysis of a variety of presentations of CP
Presenter: Shane Brassell, PT MAES Therapy & Paediatric NDT
Shane Brassell will be presenting on behalf of M.A.E.S. Therapy International and will be assisted by Gillian Shead PT. Both are trained M.A.E.S. Therapists and have been working with children with cerebral palsy and similar neurological disorders for years.
Early Bird Fee R 1800 – to be paid before 7 July 2019
Full /Late Fee R 2200
If you take the full 4-Week (2-Weeks x 2) Postgraduate M.A.E.S. Course within a year of doing an Introduction Course, you will receive a discount of R1000 off the 4-Week Basic Course.
CPD Points: Have been applied for with SASP
To introduce participants to:
- The MAES Therapy framework: a specific framework for identifying the relationship between skills and tasks and its relevance in understanding the reasons for atypical patterns of coordination for each child with Cerebral Palsy.
- An understanding of why missing specific components of coordination have long-term consequences on the ability to participate in activities of everyday life (including mobility, self-care, play and communication).
- Appreciate the necessity of providing the child with a different path for development by acting upon the process of development, rather than the obvious symptoms
- Understand the application of the MAES Therapy framework to develop individualised treatment strategies for each child.
- Understand the need for therapists to develop a wide repertoire of strategies to enable the child to learn new ways that he would have difficulty with, or would not be able to develop on his own.
To apply for a place or for further information please send an enquiry to:
Shane Brassell E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 0027 (0)79 3167338
NB: A full 4-Week M.A.E.S. Course is planned for Cape Town February-March 2020