FULLY BOOKED !
2-Day Introduction Course for Paediatric Therapists wishing to specialise and develop their clinical reasoning and treatment skills for the treatment of children with CP.
‘A deeper and better understanding of Children with Cerebral Palsy and similar neurodevelopmental conditions and principles to improve their coordination’
An Introduction course for Paediatric Therapists new or experienced (Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech & Language Therapists) who wish to specialise or further specialise in children with CP and similar neurodevelopmental conditions.
A new and different dimension to the treatment and management of children with Cerebral Palsy and similar neurodevelopmental conditions, based upon 25 years’ expert clinical and teaching experience worldwide with a strong focus on excellent treatment skills.
Dates: Friday 9 & Saturday 10 February 2018
Venue: Meeting Point House, Southwater Square, Telford TF3 4HS
Ideal for therapists in: Birmingham, Nottingham, Sheffield, Manchester, Liverpool
Course Leader: Jean-Pierre Maes MCSP, Director MAES Therapy International
Early Bird Fee £130 if paid by 19 January 2018
Regular / Late Fee: £150
To introduce participants to:
- An understanding of why missing specific components of coordination have long-term consequences on the ability to participate in activities of everyday life (including mobility, self-care, play and communication).
- Appreciate the necessity of providing the child with a different path for development by acting upon the process of development, rather than the obvious symptoms
- The MAES Therapy framework: a specific framework for identifying the relationship between skills and tasks and its relevance in understanding the reasons for atypical patterns of coordination for each child with Cerebral Palsy.
- Understand the application of the MAES Therapy framework to develop individualised treatment strategies for each child.
- Understand the need for therapists to develop a wide repertoire of strategies to enable the child to learn new ways that he would have difficulty with, or would not be able to develop on his own.
To apply for a place or for further information please send an inquiry to:
Jonathan Salsbury MIoD, Development Director
MAES Therapy International
T: 07787 435790