2-Day Introduction Course for Paediatric Therapists wishing to specialise or to further specialise in the treatment of children with CP.
‘A deeper and better understanding of Children with Cerebral Palsy and principles to improve their coordination’
“Bolje razumevanje dece sa cerebralnom paralizom i principi za poboljšanje njihove koordinacije”
A new and different dimension to the treatment and management of children with Cerebral Palsy and similar neurodevelopmental conditions, based upon 25 years’ expert clinical and teaching experience worldwide.
Dates: Saturday 9 & Sunday 10 December 2017
Venue: Belgrade, Serbia (Venue in Belgrade to be advised shortly)
Course Leader: Jean-Pierre Maes MCSP, Director MAES Therapy International
€ 210 euros Early Bird Fee To be paid by November 1, 2017
€ 250 euros After 1.11.2017 up to deadline date 30 November 2017.
Course Aims: To introduce participants to:
- An understanding of why missing specific components of coordination have long-term consequences on the ability to participate in activities of everyday life (including mobility, self-care, play and communication).
- Appreciate the necessity of providing the child with a different path for development by acting upon the process of development, rather than the obvious symptoms
- The MAES Therapy framework: a specific framework for identifying the relationship between skills and tasks and its relevance in understanding the reasons for atypical patterns of coordination for each child with Cerebral Palsy.
- Understand the application of the MAES Therapy framework to develop individualised treatment strategies for each child.
- Understand the need for therapists to develop a wide repertoire of strategies to enable the child to learn new ways that he would have difficulty with, or would not be able to develop on his own.
Local Organiser: Jovan Rogić PT, E: email@example.com
Mob: +381 64 286 2000