Introduction to Bobath-NDT Paediatric Course
A 2-Day course for therapists and medical doctors interested in a Bobath overview of children with Cerebral Palsy and treatment principles.
Course Participant’s Criteria:
The participants must be qualified Therapists (Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists) or medical Doctors.
Course Aim & Objectives:
To provide Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Therapists and medical Doctors with a better understanding of the clinical features and principles of treatment for children with Cerebral Palsy.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Understand basic treatment principles that are specific to the Bobath Concept.
- Understand key aspects of typical child development and their relevance to the treatment of children with Cerebral Palsy (CP) and similar neurodevelopmental conditions.
- Recognise characteristics commonly seen in children with spastic hypertonia and dyskinetic CP
- Understand the role of parents in the daily management of their child.
- Demonstrate how, with a hands-on approach, a therapist can change the alignment and the way a child moves and participates in daily life activities.
- Explain the importance of assessing children in functional situations, as part of the clinical reasoning process to guide therapeutic intervention.
- Use improved analysis and assessment skills to more effectively treat neurodevelopmental conditions.
[su_button url=”https://maestherapy.com/courses” style=”soft” background=”#125b73″ radius=”5″ icon=”icon: hand-left”]Back to Main Courses Page[/su_button]