Advanced Course on Assessment and Early Intervention for Babies and Young Children
For therapists and medical doctors with a special interest in assessment and early intervention for babies and young children with suspected cerebral palsy or similar neurodevelopmental conditions.
Length of Course: 6-Days
Course Participant’s criteria:
The course is only open to Paediatric Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech & Language Therapists and Doctors, who are currently working with young babies/ young children and who have successfully completed an 8-Week Foundation (Basic) Bobath Course ( Minimum 240 hours).
Course Aims & Objectives
- Apply the Bobath Concept in early assessment and intervention, including current views on early treatment and management of babies and young children with Neurodevelopmental delay.
- Develop better facilitation/handling skills through problem-solving around clinical case studies.
- Use observation skills through video case studies and patient presentations to develop new clinical reasoning skills.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of typical and atypical development for preterm and term babies in the first year of life.
- To be introduced to feeding development from preterm to term age and potential feeding difficulties.
- Document observations of typically developing babies.
- Gain a greater understanding of the assessment tools/methods available to therapists in early intervention:
- Neurological assessment (Prechtl and traditional methods)
- Developmental assessment (Bayley and others)
- Behavioural assessment (Brazelton and NIDCAP)
- Participate in daily assessment and practical treatment sessions with infants and young children, followed by case presentations.
- Gain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of early patterns of brain damage, investigation methods, medication and medical intervention.
[su_button url=”https://maestherapy.com/courses” style=”soft” background=”#125b73″ radius=”5″ icon=”icon: hand-left”]Back to Main Courses Page[/su_button]